For this game I started at the very beginning of pre-production, and stayed on until it's cancellation. During that time I worked directly with the design team figuring out metrics that would work with arts needs and designs needs. I co-designed a building generation tool and system that gave design the ability to build grey box buildings that could be swapped out with different art styles, as well as add inner room visibility.
I also built out a number of tilesets for the building generator and interior rooms as well as directed other artists in building their sets. I did a number of smaller props but mostly all big ticket props. I was the "go to" guy for all things involving the LOD system as well as any new shaders that came online. I helped design and figure out what new shaders would be needed. I made some high poly prerendered cinematic environment work. I also did a lot of the training for people joining the project as well.
|A view of an early Prototype.|
|This was the first building tileset that I made for the game. It was made up of around 24 tiles with LODs.|
|This was the second set I made. It was made up of around 16 or so tiles with LODs.|
|This was the third set I made. It was made up of around 12 or so tiles with LODs.|
|This was the last tileset I made. It was made up of around 120 tiles with LODs.|
|These are a few of the interiors that I worked on. All the details are baked on to low poly geo with a 1024x emissive map.|
|Here are a few more interiors for a different building set. All use the same tech as above.|
|This cargo container is one of the props I made using a tint shader.|
|This is one of the first props I made for the game using LODs. All the LODs use the same textures.|
|One of the rooftop vents I made. All the LODs use the same textures.|
|Another one of the rooftop vents I made. All LODs use the same textures.|